Website with all the information for the canton of Vaud:
The following symptoms could be indicators of COVID-19 (according to the HPCI recommendation dated 07.10.2020):
- Respiratory symptoms (e.g. cough, sore throat shortness of breath, chest pain)
- Fever with no other possible reason (ex: rheumatoid arthritis, a known bacterial infection, heat exhaustion)
- Sudden onset of anosmia and/or an agueusia (loss of smell and taste)
Steps to take if symptoms appear
1. If any of the above symptoms occur: fill out the Coronacheck form (https://coronavirus.unisante.ch)
Un outil pour évaluer rapidement votre risque (ou celui de votre enfant) et savoir quoi faire.
2. If a test is recommended by the Coronacheck page
- Make an appointment at a testing centre (https://www.vd.ch/toutes-les-actualites/hotline-et-informations-sur-le-coronavirus/coronavirus-covid-19-reponses-du-medecin-cantonal-aux-questions-frequentes/centres-de-tests-covid-19-filiere-cantonale-vaud/)
- Isolate until your result has been confirmed and, in the case of symptoms, until 48 hours after symptoms cease.
Those who have been in close contact with a COVID-19 positive patient should undergo a period of quarantine.
The new recommendations from the canton of Vaud define a close contact in the following way:
- 15 mins or more of contact
- At 2m or less of distance
- Without masks
Persons returning from at-risk areas may also be subject to quarantine. (https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/krankheiten/ausbrueche-epidemien-pandemien/aktuelle-ausbrueche-epidemien/novel-cov/empfehlungen-fuer-reisende/quarantaene-einreisende.html)
1. Your test will be paid for by the confederation if:
– Coronacheck recommended a test
– You were notified of a close contact by the Swisscovid application
– A test was ordered by the Office du Médecin Cantonal.
2. Payment at the expense of the employer:
– Your employer may ask that you be tested if asymptomatic, in this case they must pay.
3. Payment at the patient’s expense:
– if you require a negative PCR test for travel.
– if you require a negative PCR test to exit quarantine early.
– if you do not fulfill the criteria for testing.
– if you do not have health insurance in Switzerland.